The Air 2G2 is a self-propelled hydrostatic drive three probe air injection machine, injecting compressed air to either 7″ or 12″ deep (depending upon probe fitting). This causes a fracturing effect of the compacted rootzone, with no surface disruption. Air is injected vertically and horizontally over an area of 5ft (1.5m) to 12″ (30cms) deep. Self-contained three wheel, Kholer 19hp petrol engine, hydrostatic drive axle, steered by the handles, move forward or reverse. Ingersoll Rand two stage compressor. All processes automatically controlled by the push of a button, and setting of computer pad. Ideal for use on fine turf throughout the growing season with no interruption to play.
This machine allows for sports ground maintenance by injecting air and allows us to complete ‘Perform Soil CPR’
C=Compaction Relief: Fractures hardpan layers without disruption to roots or playing surfaces
P=Porosity Increased: Lateral air injections increase pore space, promote faster drainage and root development
R=Respiration Enhanced: Forces oxygen in and pushes CO2 and other anaerobic gases out for root zone gas exchange
- Immediately relieves soil compaction
- No downtime or turf disruption—lawns, sports fields and golf courses are ready to use right after treatment
- Easy to operate, easy to train your crew to use
- No post-application cleanup necessary!
- Instantly breaks through compacted soil, brings air to suffocating roots
- Quickly improves water drainage
- Encourages deeper root growth
‘I think the main advantage is that there is very limited disruption when you use the Air2G2. That means it can be used throughout the bowls season on the greens and on golf courses, and in the winter months when you’d struggle to get a tractor onto the greens you can use it because it’s a pedestrian machine and light.’