ECB Pitch Advisory Scheme
We Can Handle Just About Anything
PROFESSIONAL CRICKET PITCH MAINTENANCE
ECB Pitch Advisory Scheme Accreditation
‘The ECB Pitch Advisory Scheme is funded by Sport England and ECB, and represents the first governing body to address the issue of groundsmanship, in particular at recreational / non-professional level.
The project is to place 45 County Pitch Advisers across England and Wales and for their activities to be fully embraced into the work of County Cricket Boards (CCBs).
All Advisers must be able to assess pitches on a standard that is recognised nationally and conforms to nationally accepted criteria (IOG Performance Quality Standards). There is, therefore, a need to train all Advisers to assess pitches to this standard.
The purpose of the scheme is to address issues regarding:
- Minimum Quality Performance Standards
- Consistent advice across England and Wales
- Active response to clubs
- Higher profile for groundsmanship
- Accurate assessment of cricket priority sites
- Identified costs
- Proactive move between professional and voluntary sector
Roles of a Pitch Adviser
1. To advise on the quality performance of specific pitches/squares and produce recommendations (where necessary) for any improvements, which may include grant aid schemes (Prioritised Detailed Assessment).
2. To monitor the developments of any facilities on which recommendations are being implemented.
3. Available, if required, to assess pitches/squares in respect of various league criteria.
4. Create a response team for basic assessments (perhaps annual).
5. Help build an effective Groundmanship Association.’